Convert sx-70 into an SLR680

Whether it's a home-made instant, a Pinholaroïd or a part replacement from a model to another ... here is the DIY section!
Jungell
P.......
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Convert sx-70 into an SLR680

Messagepar Jungell » sam. 27 août 2016 / 18:18 pm

Hello!

I'm hoping some people on this forum have a better understanding of the insides of the sx-70 and the SLR680 than I do.
I have an SLR680 but as you know, it's huge. I really love this camera and I would like a smaller version of it.
So I thought... It should be possible to convert an sx-70 camera into an SLR680.

Here is what I am thinking:
The sx-70 is designed to expose slower film. Sure, you can use an ND filter and use 640 ISO film, no problem.
But the exposure time is still around 2,5 times slower which means that blur will be a bigger problem and shooting in poor light will be even worse.
I don't have an sx-70 so I can't open it to explore. But I'm thinking that there should be a capacitor and maybe a resistor connected to the light sensor that informs the camera what shutter speed is best.
So, if I get an sx-70 and replace these parts with the corresponding parts in the SLR680, which is designed for 640 ISO film and has around 2,5 faster exposure... I should have created a much smaller SLR680 but without flash and sonar.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried this?

FATALYS
Polaroid Swinger

Messagepar FATALYS » sam. 27 août 2016 / 19:29 pm

A member of this forum converts SX70 for them to accept and expose correctly 600 cartridge.
So we call those "SX70 Babas" because it's the name of the guy.
I got one and it works great !

Maybe he could give you his secret !
... Maybe not...
Miaou !

Jungell
P.......

Messagepar Jungell » sam. 27 août 2016 / 19:36 pm

FATALYS a écrit :A member of this forum converts SX70 for them to accept and expose correctly 600 cartridge.
So we call those "SX70 Babas" because it's the name of the guy.
I got one and it works great !

Maybe he could give you his secret !
... Maybe not...

Oh really? That's fantastic. What's his username?
And is it by adjustments made to the electronics or is a permanent filter installed?

Been searching for images and schematics and it seems like a daunting task for someone with shaky hands. I'm confident I can do it myself, as I'm "skilled enough" with a soldering iron, but it may take a few cameras to get it right... The Mint SLR670-S is always an option but it's so darn expensive.

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » jeu. 03 novembre 2016 / 10:50 am

2ndShot SX-70 also does conversions, I think for a far better deal than Mint.

Revenir vers « Polaroid® DIY »