600 se, worth it?

Post here your purchase requests and searches, you're sure to find your happiness ;)
Dawie1984
P.......

600 se, worth it?

Messagepar Dawie1984 » mar. 15 avril 2014 / 16:55 pm

Hi People!! My name is Dawie, and i need some advice...

I want to purchase a polaroid "professional Pack Film 600SE" to use at or wedding as a "Take your own pic for the album" guest experience... the problem is i am clueless when it comes to cameras...

With the deal i get the camera and two lenses, (127mm x 75mm) and a "multi shot 84"

I jst need some input on the quality of the camera and if it will be worth getting it... (im from south africa, i can get the packagae for R3000, roughly $285)

3rdTrick
Polar...
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Messagepar 3rdTrick » mer. 16 avril 2014 / 02:31 am

In US prices, that is a really great deal on the 600SE but it is a manual camera and I am not sure I would use it for "Take your own pic" unless it was pre-adjusted and set up on a tripod. The Multishot 84 would be fun to play with too. They both use the Fuji peel apart film. For a wedding, you might be better with something like the Fuji 210 that uses the Instax film. Both the camera and film are available fairly cheap.
Pete

CCWH
Polaroid 110A Pathfinder
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Messagepar CCWH » mer. 16 avril 2014 / 06:34 am

The 600SE produced very great pictures but you need to do all settings (speed, aperture, focusing) in manual.
Not the best solution for a "take your own pic"...
Fou de la photo pointue (RAW et compagnie), des technologies d'avenir (Lytro,...), je suis retombé dans le bain du Polaroid...

Revenir vers « Buy / Research »