B&W Type 611 Film

Discussions on the Polaroid® and Fujifilm instant film: 600 film - SX 70 film - PX 100 and PX 600 - Image/Spectra, Type 100, Type 80, 4x5 Inch, 8x10 Inch, I-Zone, Instax ...
innamoramento
P.......

B&W Type 611 Film

Messagepar innamoramento » jeu. 02 janvier 2014 / 02:20 am

Hi everyone,

Is anyone familiar with 611 film? I've tried some searching online, but the results are rather scarce.

Anyways, I acquired some of it, and saw in the camera/film compatibility section here that it should work with the Pola Propack. After loading one of them, total failure... When I pull the first little white tab, the second tab does not show up. After deciding to sacrifice the film and opening the cam to hand-remove the photo, I noticed that the face up is not covered with paper as peel off film should. So being a newbie to Polaroid, I'm totally confused here.

Is the film actually not compatible? am I doing something wrong? any help / input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all - Cheers

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » jeu. 02 janvier 2014 / 08:05 am

611 is a 200ASA B/W film; Propack is probably not an ideal camera for that, if the film's even any good. Try on a folding Colorpack with the extra speeds that Polaroid never made (models 100/240/250/etc.) as the 150 speed and some trial/error with the LD wheel is probably going to work better than the 75-setting on the Propack. Good luck.

innamoramento
P.......

Messagepar innamoramento » jeu. 02 janvier 2014 / 09:19 am

jonrev a écrit :611 is a 200ASA B/W film; Propack is probably not an ideal camera for that, if the film's even any good. Try on a folding Colorpack with the extra speeds that Polaroid never made (models 100/240/250/etc.) as the 150 speed and some trial/error with the LD wheel is probably going to work better than the 75-setting on the Propack. Good luck.

jonrev, thanks much for your input. I guess I'm on a new mission hunting for one of those models then, would be a shame to see all that film going to waste without even giving it a shot :)

Cheers mate

Revenir vers « Questions about Polaroid® films »