expired 667

Discussions on the Polaroid® and Fujifilm instant film: 600 film - SX 70 film - PX 100 and PX 600 - Image/Spectra, Type 100, Type 80, 4x5 Inch, 8x10 Inch, I-Zone, Instax ...
Jorge Rebello
P.......
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

expired 667

Postby Jorge Rebello » Wed 18 December 2013 / 18:43 pm

Hi everybody, I have just tried a pack of 667's expired in 2009 and it seems to be completely dry. I pulled of every shot and no sign, nor even smell, of the chemicals. Also, the picture got stuck and all tabs broke in my hand, so Ive got to open the camera (a 340) and take the failed picture one by one. I ended up with 10 blank sheets of Polaroid paper which, by the way, performed great as ink-jet picture support. Any ideas on why the film was "dead" ? 2009 is not that far away. I thank in advance for your valuable imput. Cheers ! :saoul:
Jorge

ulf
Fuji FP-1

Postby ulf » Wed 18 December 2013 / 22:07 pm

hi jorge,

the 667 is one of the worst polaroid film for conservation. even in good conditions.

maybe the pack was slightly open, maybe it suffered from the heat or maybe it is just a factory issue? that happens sometimes…

anyway, don't buy any 667 anymore, you'll only have bad surprises…

b
Mr. CONNER: Wait a second, I was here first.
AL BUNDY: Yeah, yeah, so were the Indians.

A DONNER / ECHANGER:
pièces détachées pour pack 100

Jorge Rebello
P.......

THANKS ULF !

Postby Jorge Rebello » Thu 19 December 2013 / 15:18 pm

Thank you very much, Ulf. Could never imagine that. That 667 came in a double pack, so I still have a pack of 10. I'll inspect closely to see if it is completely sealed. But, as I live in Brazil, the high-temperature issue is a very strong possibility. But I'll never buy this again. BTW, congratulations on your beautiful work on Flickr. Cheers !
Jorge

Return to “Questions about Polaroid® films”