Spectra Frog Tongue

Discussions about Polaroid® Image / Spectra: Polaroid® Image, Polaroid® Spectra, Polaroid® Spectra 1200i, Onyx, Cam Pro, Macro 5 SLR ...
fresnel10
P.......

Spectra Frog Tongue

Messagepar fresnel10 » mer. 24 avril 2013 / 03:51 am

Hello all. I'm currently expecting the arrival of my first package of Impossible Project PZ680 Color Protection film tomorrow. As I've been looking around, I see that Impossible also makes a longer frog tongue to allow for the image to be covered as it comes out. However, if I understand everything correctly, I don't have to necessarily worry about that with this newest generation of color film from them. Is that correct?

o-rel
Polaroid 350
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Messagepar o-rel » jeu. 25 avril 2013 / 12:49 pm

that's right! you don't need the frog tongue as you're using pz 680 color protection. however, if someday you'll try one of the two other films don't forget to protect your image as it comes out!
spread the dirt

Sensh
P.......

Messagepar Sensh » dim. 28 avril 2013 / 16:40 pm

Correct, and I think as they move forward, you'll probably need that Frog Tongue less and less. (That said, I already ordered one for my folding SX-70, because I have them fitted to my two 600 cameras and they are awesome little devices.)

Ironically, although the Color Protection film is their latest and greatest thing, it is my least favorite IP film. It's almost... too good. Too predictable. If I wanted ultra sharp, ultra-saturated, thoroughly modern looking instant pictures, I'd use my Instax. What I like about the early IP films is precisely what they are slowly eradicating - the unpredictable, flukey, weird, and somewhat flawed results. The unpredictability is what makes Polaroid photography so magnificent to me.

So I hope they bring back films like the "First Flush" series, which are among my favorites.

Mintsx70
Po......

Re: Spectra Frog Tongue

Messagepar Mintsx70 » jeu. 09 mai 2013 / 06:15 am

fresnel10 a écrit :Hello all. I'm currently expecting the arrival of my first package of Impossible Project PZ680 Color Protection film tomorrow. As I've been looking around, I see that Impossible also makes a longer frog tongue to allow for the image to be covered as it comes out. However, if I understand everything correctly, I don't have to necessarily worry about that with this newest generation of color film from them. Is that correct?

For the Colour Protection Film, i guess it still need to be shield under the sunshine in summer. If you always shoot on outdoor, you need it actually. For the indoor, it's not necessary. :)

Tracy @ mint

Revenir vers « Polaroid® Image/Spectra »