Mold issue

Discussions on the SX-70 and the entire series 500, 1000, 2000 ...
User avatar
mimi_club
Po......
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat 26 December 2015 / 14:14 pm
Location: British-Hong Kong
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Mold issue

Postby mimi_club » Fri 26 August 2016 / 21:26 pm

This is my another Sonar Sx-70, that I usually put in a dry place.

Something in the internal lens - should be some mold.

Image

Image


Not the more outer lens nor the most inner lens.
Need to find some way(s) to clean up.

I think it would be more difficult than the sonar part. :arf:
China(支那)-occupied-Hong Kong

User avatar
scaf
Polaroid The Reporter
Posts: 2842
Joined: Sun 04 November 2012 / 22:50 pm
Location: Auvergne allant du Puy de Dôme jusqu'aux Alpes
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby scaf » Fri 26 August 2016 / 21:36 pm

I'm sorry to say that, but you're right : it's much harder since all the front cover has to be removed.

I never tried it.
'Faut bien secouer l'pola sinon l'image, elle reste en bas

Convention de nommage de photos argentiques numérisées

Que se passe t'il pour la grenouille qui veut se rendre aussi grosse que le bœuf ?
Elle éclate.
C'est joli, mais pas très efficace.

User avatar
mimi_club
Po......
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat 26 December 2015 / 14:14 pm
Location: British-Hong Kong
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby mimi_club » Fri 26 August 2016 / 22:28 pm

Not difficult to remove front cover, but I have no idea to remove lens.
It seems so dangerous to remove lens.
China(支那)-occupied-Hong Kong

User avatar
Jungell
P.......
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat 27 August 2016 / 18:08 pm
Location: Sweden
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby Jungell » Thu 01 September 2016 / 14:37 pm

mimi_club wrote:Not difficult to remove front cover, but I have no idea to remove lens.
It seems so dangerous to remove lens.


Shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful, work with patience, use the right tools and reference material.
http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/sx70tech.html

User avatar
mimi_club
Po......
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat 26 December 2015 / 14:14 pm
Location: British-Hong Kong
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby mimi_club » Fri 02 September 2016 / 19:19 pm

Jungell wrote:
mimi_club wrote:Not difficult to remove front cover, but I have no idea to remove lens.
It seems so dangerous to remove lens.


Shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful, work with patience, use the right tools and reference material.
http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/sx70tech.html


Thank you.

I read this before. Maybe my bad English, I feel the information is not very clear for me, especially the picture.

Luckily I have another Sonar - The one I fixed from info supplied by 'big bros' here :)

But I hope I can open the lens... some day, may take time to understand...... :cry: :cry:
China(支那)-occupied-Hong Kong

User avatar
Jungell
P.......
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat 27 August 2016 / 18:08 pm
Location: Sweden
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby Jungell » Fri 02 September 2016 / 23:33 pm

mimi_club wrote:
Jungell wrote:
mimi_club wrote:Not difficult to remove front cover, but I have no idea to remove lens.
It seems so dangerous to remove lens.


Shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful, work with patience, use the right tools and reference material.
http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/sx70tech.html


Thank you.

I read this before. Maybe my bad English, I feel the information is not very clear for me, especially the picture.

Luckily I have another Sonar - The one I fixed from info supplied by 'big bros' here :)

But I hope I can open the lens... some day, may take time to understand...... :cry: :cry:


I might get an sx-70 too and change the light meter so it can expose 640-ISO film properly.
If I do, we get some coffee, get on skype and try to open them together!


Return to “Polaroid® SX-70 & 1000, 2000... Land Camera”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest