Scaracters at Six Flags Fright Fest

Post your favorite Polaroid® pictures, introduce your art to the community ...
jonrev
Pol.....

Scaracters at Six Flags Fright Fest

Messagepar jonrev » lun. 11 novembre 2013 / 11:33 am

Last month tested a mod to correct my 250's exposure problem (dark print syndrome) so I took it to Six Flags Great America on their closing day for field testing. I simply took one of the Impossible pack filters for using 600 film in SX-70 cameras, cut a circle the size of the end of a Sharpie cap, and shoved it into the electric eye to compensate the light. The metal ribbing that surrounds the photocell holds it in nicely.

I think it's safe to say "problem solved"! L/D wheel was on norm for all except the flash pics. I've since done this procedure on a 100 and 240 as well. I also "timed" it against an accurately-exposing 420 and they sync up right after my mod.

Now onto the pics... I don't often do portraits - actually I think Fright Fest is the only time I do so - but love how these came out and wish I did this last year, too.

All taken with FP-3000B

Panik the Clown

Lumberjack

Stan the Postman who will stab you in the eye...
CHECK OUT THE AWESOME REACTION FROM SHOOTING THIS ONE!

Clyde the Zombie Bum

Farmer

A display inside the bumper car building (this is a negative scan)

Pirate Lady - I used a Vivitar 252 flash for this and the one before it.

3rdTrick
Polar...
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Messagepar 3rdTrick » lun. 11 novembre 2013 / 13:49 pm

You should do more portraits. Did you use the portrait kit for the close ups? Did you give any prints away? I find that people really open up to portraits when you have an old Polaroid camera especially if you give them a print. I usually shoot two or recover the negative. Great idea on the SX-70 filter, I will look for one. My cameras are still within range of the L/D wheel but they will eventually creep beyond it.
Pete

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » lun. 11 novembre 2013 / 20:21 pm

Thanks. No filters were used on the lens; eventually I'll break down and get the portrait kit but for these it's fine as I kind of wanted to get some of their costumes in the shot. I kept the prints for scanning however I connected with most of the actors/actresses on Facebook, so I've sent these scans out to them.

Revenir vers « Your Polaroid® photos »